About The Project
With millions of people underserved by traditional banks, a new crop of fintech companies has built technology that empowers the middle class with the financial resources they need to be successful.
In this project, you’ll be helping a 12 year-old financial services organization drive the following:
1. The way mathematical risk models are calculated and evaluated in real-time, shaving milliseconds off latency to increase performance and reducing the risk taken in each counterparty transaction.
2. Leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, and .NET Core to design and implement a microservice architecture designed to support multiple financial products, some provided directly to consumers while others are provided in partnership with traditional banks.
3. A full move to the Azure cloud, including architecting & implementing the necessary deployment and development processes.
4. Providing technical thought leadership on algorithms, distributed systems, and cloud architecture to our partner software development teams in the United States
• You’re passionate about software development
• You have in-depth experience with C# and .NET
• You have a strong computer science background
• You are fluent in both written and verbal English
• You take pride in doing things right instead of just quickly
• This includes thinking through the tradeoffs for designing the proper architecture, implementing tests, and considering the performance impact of any changes to data access & manipulation algorithms
• You enjoy working on a high performance team, capable of both software development and providing guidance on architecture and algorithms
• You enjoy working with modern technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and the Azure cloud -- and for anything you don’t already know, you’re happy & excited to learn in this role
About the Role
You will be involved in all aspects of a product development, starting from a feature estimation, continuing with the architecture design and implementation of backend microservices and the user-facing API experience for millions of consumers in the United States.
In particular, you will:
• Participate in new feature design and team discussions
• Develop distributed, multi-tenant cloud-services with unique performance characteristics with respect to latency and security in the Azure cloud
• Follow modern approaches in software development on a team of senior engineers
The tech stack involves the following:
• Bulk of work is in the cloud
• C# & .NET Core
• Azure Cloud
• Kubernetes / Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
• Microservice architecture
• CI/CD is via Azure DevOps
• A smaller portion of work is on the front-end:
• TypeScript 3.x
We are a boutique software design consultancy, with a strong emphasis on distributed systems, algorithms, compilers and risk models. We are typically brought into organizations when there is a desire to provide thought leadership on how something should be done in addition to actually performing the implementation -- as a result, our engineers are all of a seniority where they spend part of their time on architecture and thought leadership and part on implementation.
• Belarus High-Tech Park: we are a member company
• Work in a team of talented, passionate engineers
• Flexible work schedule
• Medical coverage at private medical organization in Minsk
• Corporate events and soulful team buildings
• Tasty cookies, snacks and Espresso machine at the comfortable office with great location (metro Nemiga)
• Friendly, family-like atmosphere at work, that you want to bring your slippers into the office