Senior Front-end Engineer
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), Ask Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than a million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
We create customized browser applications for our consumers. Our mission is to build cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our consumer products such as Television Fanatic and Gaming Wonderland reach millions of users across the globe each day. We operate with startup-like culture that includes rapid growth opportunities, while we enjoy the benefits of an established company such as strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand, and profits etc.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform & Services group. This group is a key driver of revenue growth for the company. This group is dedicated to building innovative solutions that enhance the ability to scale the development, delivery and life-cycle management of our ever growing list of rich and interactive products. We are on an exciting mission with challenges such as re-imagining certain long-serving architectures to optimize product management and performance with scale, leveraging leading-edge technologies and architecting cloud-native applications and services on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
This is a high impact role that will allow you to build platforms that touch 100+ million users. We know you will move quickly, collaborate effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. If you find speed, reliability, scalability, architecture and design exciting, you’ll be a great fit with the team. In this highly visible role, you will work with a talented group of people including Product, Marketing, and of course other amazing developers. We are a tech company, we understand tech, bring your tech and let’s do this!
How You Will Help
● Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
● Drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch, including architecture, design, backend server tech, and databases in Agile environment
● Produce pragmatic and optimally designed technical solutions to complex problem sets leveraging leading-edge technologies
● Actively collaborate, and share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
● Coach junior team members and help build their technical profile
● Build some cool stuff, learn new things, have fun!
What We Need
● Fast learner who takes pride in their work and is passionate about software engineering and technology in general
● Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills
● Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
● An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement
● Solid understanding of Accessibility and Web standards
● Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc, and building with modern pipelines and tools.
● Experience with one or more JVM based languages or functional languages with emphasis on best practices
● Experience with databases - SQL/NoSQL
● Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
● Comfortable with *nix tools and scripting
● Bachelor's degree (CS or EE preferred) or equivalent qualified experience, as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
Things We Also Love
● Experience with Typescript, React, Redux, Rx and the like is a plus
● Ability to navigate comfortably and work in GCP environment is a plus
● Familiarity with products including Apache, Tomcat, Redis, HazelCast, Cassandra.
● GitHub, Stack Overflow, OSS contributions are wonderful
● Willingness to learn the above!
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IACI), Ask Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.