A BIT ABOUT US:
Apalon is a leading mobile development company with one of the largest and most popular app portfolios in the world, reaching more than 25 million active users. A unique blend of passion and skills are at the core of the company’s DNA, driving the team to produce top-rated, award-winning mobile experiences for millions of people around the world. Apalon's portfolio includes well-known titles such as Weather Live, My Alarm Clock, Calculator Pro and a number of others ranked on the App Store Top 5.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Chief Accountant is generally responsible for all accounting matters at Apalon including but not limited to management of the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, preparing and analyzing financial statements, administration of corporate policies, compliance with tax requirements, and development of internal accounting controls to ensure adherence to U.S. GAAP and Belarusian GAAP IFRS and the analysis of the related activities and policies. The position will report to a U.S. based supervisor and must have excellent command of the English language.
This position will also be responsible for preparing and presenting the Company’s internal financial statements to U.S. based parent company and Internal Audit along with various schedules and analyses for the Company's quarterly reviews and periodic audit and special projects as necessary. This role will be a key interface to executive management at U.S. based parent company and other functional groups to develop and implement corporate policies & procedures, as well as support company growth and expansion– organically, via acquisition, both domestic and international.
- Active role in evaluating, developing, implementing and documenting new accounting policies and procedures to respond to changes in GAAP and Tax requirements
- Interface with various managers outside accounting to develop internal controls and operational policies and procedures
- Maintain a structured month-end close and reconciliation review process with adherence to completing a month-end close per corporate deadlines
- Direct and supervise general accounting group to affect any changes necessary to improve the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly process
- Review all appropriate account analyses and reconciliations of significant balance sheet accounts
- Work with the Information Technology group to maintain integrity of accounting system, inventory and customer information
- Work with department leaders regarding expansion efforts related to accounting, banking, capital and other needs, particularly as it relates to improvement of efficient operations
- Responsible for all tax compliance and liaise with U.S. parent on key tax issues
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements, including timely preparation and filing of appropriate documents.
- External Reporting:
- Ensure monthly financial results accurately portray current operations and activities
- Coordinate auditor, legal and management review of financial transactions
- Other responsibilities:
- Work with budgeting and forecasting department to analyze company performance
- Corporate Cash Management
- Exploitation and management of Oracle based systems and tools.
- Track, report and book as necessary all capital infrastructure and product development efforts within corporate guidelines
- Support overall business expansion
- 10+ years of public and private industry experience with progressively responsible financial management role
- 5+ years with significant supervisory experience in large companies
- Bachelor or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fluent in both English and Russian
- Knowledgeable of U.S. and Belarusian GAAP and IFRS
- Global accounting management and consolidations
- Ability to quickly acclimate to complex financial accounting applications
- Ability to work under a fast pace environment and deliver within tight deadlines
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organisation
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheet programs and other software applications for financial analysis and financial modelling
- Creative approach to problem solving. High aptitude for management, planning, and analyzing business situations
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- ERP package, 1C and Oracle experience preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to self-motivate and function independently
- Strong management, mentoring and training abilities
- Comfortable both delegating significant responsibilities and getting “in the weeds”
- Ability to recognize performance quality and motivate others towards improved performance
- Russian equivalent of CPA (Certificate of Auditor’s Competence) required.